Generally tabs are used to set Tabular columns. Here I am presenting two different tips to set tabs.
Tabs Using the Ruler Toolbar
- Go to the View menu and select Ruler.
- Locate the small box at the left end of the ruler. Click the box until the type of tab you want to insert (left, right, center, decimal) appears. If you can't tell what a tab is from the picture on the button, press the right mouse button and hover over the box.
- Click on the horizontal ruler in your document window in the position where you want to place the tab. A tab mark appears on the ruler.
- Press the Tab key to advance to your new tab stop.
Set Tabs Using the Tabs Command in the Format Menu
- Select the text to which you want to apply tabs.
- Go to the Format menu and select Tabs.
- Select the alignment you want for the tabs you are setting (left, right, center, and so on).
- Enter a number in inches in the Tab Stop Position box.
- Click the Set button to set the new tab stop.